Accountant / Bookkeeper
MIAG Centre for Diverse Women & Families is a non-profit community based organization that strives to address gaps in service delivery to the diverse communities of Peel. We are seeking a part time Accountant/Bookkeeper who will be responsible for managing the books and maintaining grant budgets in a grant based organization.
– Process Payroll in timely manner
– Prepare payments based on approved budgets.
– Develop monthly financial statements including cash flow
– Balance and maintain an accurate budget
– Prepare Government Remittances
– Maintain and prepare year end documentation for auditing
– Minimum 5 years of experience working in non-profit organizations
– An academic background in Accounting, Finance or related field
– Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office including Excel
– Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
– Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
– Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
– Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
– High accuracy and attention to details
Interested individuals are invited to apply by sending a resume, cover letter and expected hourly rate to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to: (905) 270-6263 by October 8th, 2017 (mentioning the job title).
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in MIAG; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you looking for a Volunteer position?
There are a variety of volunteering opportunities at MIAG Centre for Diverse Women & Families. MIAG is always looking for passionate individuals who are committed to helping others and contributing their skills and time to their community. Volunteers are a vital part of our agency and play an important role to ensure the success of our agency. As a non-profit organization, we rely on our volunteers to generously donate their time and talents to ensure the success of our efforts.
Definition of Volunteer
A volunteer is anyone who without compensation or expectation of compensations beyond reimbursement of expenses incurred in the course of his/her volunteer duties performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the organization.
Volunteer service has been a part of practically every civilization and society. It can be defined as the contribution that individuals make as a no profit, no wage, action for the well-being of their neighbourhood, or community.
Who Can Volunteer?
An enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated individual can join MIAG’s team as a volunteer based on the organization needs and requested qualifications. A volunteer must be officially accepted and enrolled by the organization prior to performance the tasks.
Why Volunteer at MIAG?
People volunteer for a wide variety of reasons, especially wanting to help others. But it is also okay to recognize the personal benefits of volunteering.
- It connects YOU to your community.
- You can make new friends.
- You can receive recognition for your efforts and contributions.
- You can explore a new career and learn job-related skills.
- You can discover your strengths, talents and interests in a practical environment.
- You gain personal satisfaction by helping others.
- You can build confidence and self-esteem.
- You can build communication and social skills.
- You can learn and develop your leadership skills.
- You can discover and apply your civic responsibility.
- You can better understand the role you play in strengthening your community.
- It can assist you with your future educational goals, such as scholarships.
- It gives you a voice to share your thoughts, your ideas and what is important to you.
- It provides the opportunity to make a difference.
Volunteers are viewed as a valuable resources to MIAG, its staff and its clients.
- Their efforts actually contribute to the organization’s objectives
- They have right to receive the necessary orientation, training, and supervision
- Learn how to improve your skills in the work you are doing
- Be treated as equal co-workers with respect
- Expect to be involved in all programs and activities of the organization
- Ask questions and give suggestions about the work you are doing
- Be trusted with confidential information necessary to do your work
- Be appreciated for the work you have done
- Be given written proof or evaluation of your work, if you request it
As a volunteer, you have the responsibility to:
- Remain loyal to the value , goals and procedures of the organization
- Meet your time commitments or provide adequate notice so other arrangements can be made
- Only accept responsibilities that you can reasonably handle
- Perform the work assigned to the best of your ability
- Follow organizational policies and procedures
- Be open-minded and respectful of others
If you are interested in volunteering with MIAG, please contact us at 905-270-6252 or e-mail: email@example.com