MIAG: Home > Ethno-cultural Seniors – Make a Difference
- To facilitate a two-way mentorship between seniors and youth by sharing seniors’ significant life experiences and document these moments through story writing, poetry, skits, songs and painting .
- Stories will uncover challenges seniors have faced and how they overcame them to generate a set of “best practices”.
- Youth will have increased appreciation of senior’s life experiences and will become more resilient to life challenges.
- A 10 week program on weekly basis for (2 -3 hours/session) for four cohorts
- Professional story book on empowering moments in seniors lives.
- Testimonies and a video of their achievements
- Two-stage study measure: empowerment, engage in community participation, increase of knowledge, skills and feeling of community support, increase understanding and synergy between seniors and youth
- Achievement celebration and story book launching on November, 2014
- A greeting notebook comments at the end of the achievement celebration
- Family Programs
- Women’s Programs
- Senior’s Programs
- Children’s Programs
- Mental Health
- ‘Closing the Gap’ Project
- MIAG Training Unit
- Funders & Sponsors
- MIAG Newsletters
- Resources & Booklets
- Volunteer & Employment
- Fundraising Event
To Become a Member
Join MIAG today!!
Individual: $25 per year
Group: $50 per year
Business: $100 per year
Please call (905) 270-6252 for more details.