Job Posting – three months contract
Funding Proposal Writer
MIAG Centre for Diverse Women & Families is a community organization that strives to address emerging needs and to actively integrate creative responses. Our mission is to enhance the capacity of individuals and families from different ethno-cultural communities through empowerment, innovation, and well-being based programs and services. We are currently seeking an individual to work part time for 15 hours/week – $24/hr to write funding proposals and to edit organization’s promotional materials as follows:
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
The Funding Proposal Writer is expected to:
- Search and discuss with Executive Director appropriate funding opportunities that match the organization’s vision, mission, values and strategic directions.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying community needs and gathering information by focus groups or surveys.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop funding proposals by assembling information that includes project’s nature, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation. Writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries and conclusions.
- Maintain quality results by using templates and online system; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with Executive Director and project coordinators.
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, reviewing, and editing.
- Write press release and edit organization’s promotional materials such as newsletter, brochures and flyers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining professional networks as appropriate.
Proposal Writer Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English communications or a related field.
- Presentation skills, written communication, problem solving, and deadline-oriented.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal, computer and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in funding proposal writing including budgeting and work plan design.
- Ability to develop partnerships with community based organizations and community groups.
- Knowledge of the community service sector in Peel in specific and GTA in general.
- Knowledge of ethno-cultural communities’ needs in Peel including vulnerable groups and people who live with limited income.
- Familiar with different funding sources (federal, provincial, and regional) as well as local foundations.
- Able to work independently and as a team player maintaining professional and interpersonal standards.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office; knowledge of other software programs is an asset.
Interested individuals are invited to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or by fax to: (905) 270-6263. Deadline is January 6th, 2019.
Are you looking for a Volunteer position?
There are a variety of volunteering opportunities at MIAG Centre for Diverse Women & Families. MIAG is always looking for passionate individuals who are committed to helping others and contributing their skills and time to their community. Volunteers are a vital part of our agency and play an important role to ensure the success of our agency. As a non-profit organization, we rely on our volunteers to generously donate their time and talents to ensure the success of our efforts.
Definition of Volunteer
A volunteer is anyone who without compensation or expectation of compensations beyond reimbursement of expenses incurred in the course of his/her volunteer duties performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the organization.
Volunteer service has been a part of practically every civilization and society. It can be defined as the contribution that individuals make as a no profit, no wage, action for the well-being of their neighbourhood, or community.
Who Can Volunteer?
An enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated individual can join MIAG’s team as a volunteer based on the organization needs and requested qualifications. A volunteer must be officially accepted and enrolled by the organization prior to performance the tasks.
Why Volunteer at MIAG?
People volunteer for a wide variety of reasons, especially wanting to help others. But it is also okay to recognize the personal benefits of volunteering.
- It connects YOU to your community.
- You can make new friends.
- You can receive recognition for your efforts and contributions.
- You can explore a new career and learn job-related skills.
- You can discover your strengths, talents and interests in a practical environment.
- You gain personal satisfaction by helping others.
- You can build confidence and self-esteem.
- You can build communication and social skills.
- You can learn and develop your leadership skills.
- You can discover and apply your civic responsibility.
- You can better understand the role you play in strengthening your community.
- It can assist you with your future educational goals, such as scholarships.
- It gives you a voice to share your thoughts, your ideas and what is important to you.
- It provides the opportunity to make a difference.
Volunteers are viewed as a valuable resources to MIAG, its staff and its clients.
- Their efforts actually contribute to the organization’s objectives
- They have right to receive the necessary orientation, training, and supervision
- Learn how to improve your skills in the work you are doing
- Be treated as equal co-workers with respect
- Expect to be involved in all programs and activities of the organization
- Ask questions and give suggestions about the work you are doing
- Be trusted with confidential information necessary to do your work
- Be appreciated for the work you have done
- Be given written proof or evaluation of your work, if you request it
As a volunteer, you have the responsibility to:
- Remain loyal to the value , goals and procedures of the organization
- Meet your time commitments or provide adequate notice so other arrangements can be made
- Only accept responsibilities that you can reasonably handle
- Perform the work assigned to the best of your ability
- Follow organizational policies and procedures
- Be open-minded and respectful of others
If you are interested in volunteering with MIAG, please contact us at 905-270-6252 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org